The CUC produces a range of publications, from guides and handbooks, to policy documents and research reports.
The Higher Education Code of Governance is available to download below, or you may request print copies free of charge. For print copies, please email email@example.com.
Please note that the HE Code is the only publication that we make available in print, due to its length. For ease of access, our Illustrative Practice Notes are available in digital format only.
- Higher Education Code of Governance (2014-present)
- Illustrative Practice Note 1: Remuneration Committees
- Illustrative Practice Note 2: Counter-Terrorism and Prevent Agenda
- Illustrative Practice Note 3: Academic Governance
- Illustrative Practice Note 4: Institutional Sustainability
- Illustrative Practice Note 5: Recruiting a Vice-Chancellor
- Illustrative Practice Note 6: Recruiting a Chair
- Illustrative Practice Note 7: Nominations Committees
- Handbook for Members of Audit Committees in Higher Education Institutions
- Briefing on HEIs and tax
- The CUC’s Green Paper Response
- Implementation of Key Performance Indicators: case study experience
- Supplementary guide regarding the role of university governing bodies in relation to student’s unions
- Monitoring of Institutional Performance and the Use of Key Performance Indicators