The CUC produces a range of publications, from guides and handbooks, to policy documents and research reports.
The Higher Education Code of Governance is available to download below, or you may request print copies free of charge. For print copies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the HE Code has been revised slightly, in light of new requirements under the Remuneration Code. The revised version may be downloaded below. If you are using the printed version, you may obtain a copy of the revisions from the CUC Office. A revised printed version will be available in 2019.
The HE Code is the only publication that we make available in print, due to its length. For ease of access, the Higher Education Senior Staff Remuneration Code and Illustrative Practice Notes are available in digital format only.
- Higher Education Code of Governance (2018 Revision)
- The Higher Education Senior Staff Remuneration Code
- The Context for the Higher Education Senior Staff Remuneration Code
- A Possible Outline Structure for a Remuneration Annual Report to the Governing Body
- Guidance on Decisions Taken about Severance Payments in HEIs
- Illustrative Practice Note 1: Remuneration Committees
- Illustrative Practice Note 2: Counter-Terrorism and Prevent Agenda
- Illustrative Practice Note 3: Academic Governance
- Illustrative Practice Note 4: Institutional Sustainability
- Illustrative Practice Note 5: Recruiting a Vice-Chancellor
- Illustrative Practice Note 6: Recruiting a Chair
- Illustrative Practice Note 7: Nominations Committees
- Briefing on HEIs and tax
- Supplementary guide regarding the role of university governing bodies in relation to student’s unions
- Handbook for Members of Audit Committees in Higher Education Institutions
- Implementation of Key Performance Indicators: case study experience
- Monitoring of Institutional Performance and the Use of Key Performance Indicators